How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10773
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am writing a Will I am not married and I live alone and

This answer was rated:

I am writing a Will I am not married and I live alone and have no girlfriend. I only have one Son who is 22 can I make him the Executor of my will and leave him my whole estate. If so when writing my Will do I still need to specify everything as special gifts , property and residue or can I just write my son inherits everything I own. Thanks Richard

Hi Richard,

It is perfectly fine and normal for you to appoint your Son as sole Executor and leave everything to him.

It is perfectly fine for you to say that "I leave all my Estate to my Son xxxx".

It would also be wise for you to appoint substitutional Executors in the unlikely event that your Son dies before you, as well as stipulating that if anything happens to your Son, then the Estate should pass to his children on reaching the age of 18 or 21 (although I appreciate he may not have any children at this stage). Alternatively, there is nothing stopping you from doing a new Will in the future if circumstances change.

I hope this answers your question and sets out the legal position.

If so, please don't forget to rate my answer.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I have a Will Kit here with 3 sheets which do I write my Will on Form 1 is Simple Gift of the Residue Form 2 is Residue to an Adultbut if she/he dies to children and Form 3 Residue direct to Children of do I write on all of them

Hi, without seeing the documents I can't really say, but if each of the sheets say much the same thing, other than the exact wording as to who gets the Estate, I would suggest you use Form 2.

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you