How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I'd like to make a deed of variation to redirect money from

This answer was rated:

I'd like to make a deed of variation to redirect money from my late father's will to my children. I've read that, as long as certain conditions are met, this can be done by letter but who do I send that letter to? Is it to the executors of my father's will?

1. Dear Liz, a Deed of Variation to a will would normally be prepared with the help of the executors and solicitors to your late father's will. Whilst you might express your wishes as to what is to happen in a letter to the executors, it would then be given legal clothes so it satisfies the HMRC. So, at this stage, I would suggest that you send a letter to the executors setting out what you wish to happen to the money you wish to redirect to your children. The executors are the persons who are responsible for the will, so your communication should be with them. Normally, you would direct a letter to the executors care of the solicitor assisting in administering the estate.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply which came to me blurred. Fortunately, I managed to read it. You have answered my question and I do not need further advice.