How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

If I am dissatisfied with the requirements imposed by a LA

Customer Question

If I am dissatisfied with the requirements imposed by a LA building control officer and have reason to suspect that he is being unreasonable in his behaviour with regards ***** ***** requirements what would be my options. Can I request he be replaced or could I employ an independant inspector to see the works to completion
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can appoint an independent building control officer. The officer can oversee the works and sign off at completion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be the process to follow to formally put in motion the removal of the current inspector and appointing a private surveyor in his place also how does that impact on the current works that the current inspector May or may not have approved ?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Apologies I have been abroad and experienced connection issues. Sadly I could not respond.

My advice is to Google independent building control officers and call a few local to you and seek their advice. They will be much better placed to advise you on this. This is more of a practical issue than a legal one.