How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We own the downstairs of a Victorian House that has been

Customer Question

We own the downstairs of a Victorian House that has been divided into two flats, we share a common entrance hall. What is the law pertaining to what can be placed in this common area
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Other then any stipulation in the title deeds there would be no restriction provided that whatever is placed there doesn't cause a nuisance to the other owner and is in keeping with the general area. Happy to discuss specifics if I can assist further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.