How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been with my partner for 18 yrs. we bought a council

Customer Question

I have been with my partner for 18 yrs. we bought a council house 4yrs ago, I had been in council houses for 19yrs, he moved in with me for the last 6yrs of the 19. We got £75,000 off the price of the house. I do not pay the mortgage as I don't earn anything and look after our 9yr old son. I have half a house that my dad left me that my older daughter rents from me and my sister. If I left am I entitled to anything? Does he have any claim on my half of other house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Are you married?

-Is the home you are occupying in joint names?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.