How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am named on land registry with my parents. There is no

This answer was rated:

I am named on land registry with my parents. There is no mortgage. I want my name removed,how do I do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do Iive in the house but want to buy my own property as I won't have any input into the house I am currently in

Your solicitor should be asked to draw up a title deed passing your title over to your parents. This is then sent to the Land Registry with the appropriate application and they will update the title sheet for the house.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you advise roughly how much this could be.My parents may not be happy about me doing this would there be any problems as I am moving out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the form AP1 from land registry apply for this change?

Charges vary, but typically £400-500 plus VAT. You can use AP1. You can't do the transfer unless your parents agree.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

To add to the above.

I am afraid that you will need the agreement of your parents or an Order from the Court to have your name removed from the Title.

I assume that you do not wish to receive any payment - but you will need then to sign the TR1