How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I changed my last name in Poland (not through marriage

This answer was rated:

Hi,I changed my last name in Poland (not through marriage certificate). How do I go about making all the necessary changes in the UK?Thank you!

Hi, thank you for your question. Are there any official documents in your new surname (eg. Passport?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Not yet, I've requested them and they are currently being made.Do I need to wait for those to be ready before I can change anything in the UK?Thanks!

No you do not. You can use any name you want and there is no legal requirement to have a document. However, organisations such as banks, passport office and other official bodies will likely require evidence of your new name and this can be done either through a deed poll application (see here: or if you complete a statutory declaration for a change of name (you can google for templates) and swear this at a local solicitors.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you