How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am the leaseholder of a flat in Camberwell, the whole

Customer Question

I am the leaseholder of a flat in Camberwell, the whole block is managed by an agency.
2 years ago they proposed a lot of refurbishment work on the block, interior, exterior and electrics.
They tendered the work and the cheapest of the 4 companies was as a total of 92K my share was 5k.
As it took them long to collect the funds from the leaseholders, they started doing the electrics work (14k) earlier, with some of the collected funds.
And went for tender again with the rest of the work, this time only 2 companies.
Finally in March the building work started, it is now completed.
I received a letter in April that there was an accounting error and I have to pay and additional 2k.
After that I looked through the 2nd tender documents in detail and I realised that the new tender was 112K and didn't include 14K for the electrics works done earlier.
The agency collected money for the first tender 92K, never asked the leaseholders for the revised amount of 126K and now want to charge it in hind sight.
I want to challenge the additional 2k, as I believe the agency would have to notify me before that the collected funds were not sufficient. How do I challenge this amount? Can I just flat out refuse to pay it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i can wait another day but not longer. All the best Paul
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i can't wait any longer and i would like to cancel my question. Thx Paul
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance or do you want to cancel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thx for your help but i ran out of time and had to make a decision without advise. I don't need help anymore. All the best Paul