How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32295
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son lives in my house with his partner & children. It is

Customer Question

Hi my son lives in my house with his partner & children. It is my name only on the mortgage. I have tried many times to get him to take over the mortgage. He is now not speaking to me (I do not want to go into personal details). Could a solicitor help me take this forward? I really need my name off this mortgage
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £130,000. Mortgage is on an interest only & £101,000 left to pay
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you willing to threaten to sell the property if need be

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

May I ask how this situation came about in the first place - it will help me give you the right wording to use