How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49813
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a singed contract to provide me a service, which part

This answer was rated:

I have a singed contract to provide me a service, which part of it can be matter of life and death, like my own case ,being, 66 years of age, vulnerable like living alone, have some physical / mental issues and worth for other less furchen in general. my name is Zia

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you tell me what your specific question is in relation to this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, sir my name is ***** ***** chating with you

Hi there. Thank you for your request for a phone call. I am unable to talk at the moment but if you provide the information requested, I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message after you have provided the information as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like many i have Tel Tv Wifi with i have not have eccece to my land laine so can not call 999
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no tel laine since last fraidy as i have doc my chat unther ref
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no need to call if i could explain myself, i am not a fast wraiter

OK thank. Leave it with me and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Thank you

Just to check - have you contacted them to see what the problems with the landline are and are they looking into this for you to resolve this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have since friday last many tel and chat enquiry and getting a ref number ,which confirming that my access to 999 is vital for me because of worries mantaly and answer, please be next to your cell phone we let you know ., or yes we should with in 72 hou ???? up to now 5.50 pm. and that is talk talk no phone no tv with extra fee,( how about other moor than me being vulnerable with out reception or having a mobile phone. )

Thank you. It is certainly not uncommon to have technical issues with phones and other related services. Whilst in an ideal world we would have no technical outages for such services, in reality they do occur from time to time. Everyone has different reasons for needing them and whilst some may have less urgent needs than others, the actual requirements are not generally supplied as part of the service. In other words, when you took out the phone, the service provider would not have asked you what your needs for it are and given you any guarantees about keeping it running without any hitches.

So whilst it is an unfortunate occurrence to have the services go down, your options in resolving this are the same as for everyone else, even if your personal needs for a phone are more urgent than others. It does mean that you have to consider having contingencies in the circumstances such as a mobile phone to replace this if needed.

As far as the ways you can resolve this are concerned, they are as follows:

{C}· You need to go through their full complaints procedure to full completion first

{C}· If that does not help you can go to the Regulator, which is Ofcom

{C}· If that also does not help you can take legal action for any losses suffered as a result, which would usually be refunds for time when services were not used and any other direct losses, such as costs in getting a replacement service in the meantime.

There is unfortunately no quick fix to such issues – you have to rely on their engineers to resolve this matter. The more you push them vi the complaints procedure in the meantime the more pressure that may put on them to try and fic this sooner rather than later but that would be the legal position in this case.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben Thank you so very much indeed you have answered my query in this matter. yoursif i need to ask another Q can i chat with you or some other expert ?

If it i an unrelated question the please post it on our page as you did with this one. If it is something I can assist with the I can help you. Thanks

Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
I have a question in respect of UK senior citizen's rights to benefit if any ? ,Please

hi if you could plese post this as a new question on our site then whoever has knowledge of this area of law can help you, thanks