How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The absent parent is keeping the passports. This makes it

Customer Question

The absent parent is keeping the passports. This makes it difficult for me to book holidays, esp as I think one has expired. Can I apply to the courts to have and keep the passports?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Are there any court orders in place regarding the child?

-Is the absent parent the father or mother and if father is he named on the birth certificate or were you married?

-Do you receive child benefit for the children?