How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need to urgently obtain a deed of variation for my mothers

Customer Question

I need to urgently obtain a deed of variation for my mothers estate. Currently there are two beneficiaries named in the will.
I wish to transfer 25% of my mothers estate to my children/step children how quickly can this be effected and what happens to the gift is it treated as an inheritance of gift on which tax applies?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my nest to help you but I need some further information first

May I ask why you wish to do this?

When did your mother die?

Are the Executors willing to agree to this?