How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Am very worried about my divorced, because am loosing my

Customer Question

am very worried about my divorced, because am loosing my property my children, as a result of my wife involment with her pastor affairs which resulted her calling police to walk me out of my home.i have no key to the house because she changed the keys,i tried to stop the relationship but it was always bringing auguement and querralling in presence of my three children so i moved out to stay with a friend. i left the house when my youngest daugter was 10, she is now 19 by 6th nov this year. i want a final divorce but don't want to be the loser in this relationship. right now she has formed her qwn church uses my house to carryout church activitives,which i believe has affected the standard of my chidren progress in their education,Her influenced to my children and stop them accompaied me to church really affected me emotionally. she took them to her own private church. She taught the children how to lie to me, she travels and leave them home without me being informed. I need a specialist and fighter in divorce cases to help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live with my girlfriend for 7 yrs and anytime there is a little misunderstanding she tells me to pack away , what are my rights after paying for food and. Bills in the house, even though she owns the apartment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter left university this year with LLB in law she passed with 2:2 ,how can she find a job
If she wants to further her studies to do her postgraduate in law, which area in law can give her a good opportunity to secure a good job .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I needs some further information first.

I shall deal with the original question - I am afraid that the rules of the site mean that the other two need to be asked separately

I understand that you and your wife have been separated for more than 9 years but are still married.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The present market value on the property is estimated £325,000
Outstanding amt is abt £215,000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What income do you each have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not convenient to talk on phone , main while will continue the discussions bit by bit until I found it necessary to call u
My annual income is £23000
My wife does not work after I sponsored her to finish her masters in IT rather she choose to follow the pastors church and earn her living through the church . May be a copy of church annual accounts could help you to know her allowances .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea, my house is 3 bedroom terraced with garden n front car park , my property is on this address*****Brixton London
Sw98qt, will this information help ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No I need to know how much she would need to rehouse herself if the property was sold

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay who is to rehouse her , my elder daughter has 2 kids married n left home ,
The second daughter has finished her masters and now working but lives with her mum
The last girl is now 18 entering university this sept
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I need to know how much one bedroom properties in the area cost to buy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rent in Brixton 1 bed room flat is £300 per week
1 bedroom flat for sale is £310, 000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you willing to have a divorce now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when do think I should , am 62 yrs , wants to retire from my work , I need to have my share of the property to move on
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What pension provision do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NHS pension that what u mean
Presently working with NHS , entitle to a lump sum and a monthly pension of £400
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are entitled to a divorce based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years

Within the proceedings you can apply to the court for the finances to be dealt with.

The starting point for division of all the assets - including pensions - is 50/50

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much roughly is it going to cost me to go through my divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How is the property going be shared ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By law what is going to happened to my other two daughters who are still living in the house and had not moved , a. Are they entilitled to the share of the profit of the property. The mortgage: ... My wife has decided to live in that house using it to operate her church services ,she refused to let out any of the spare room to generate funds
She has been contributing in the payment of the Mortages with allowances she receive from the church .. In the church annual accounts my wife has cleverly treated the allowances used to pay for the Mortages as Pastorial expenses. .. Which looks as if the church is unofficially renting my house to their pastor if this property is sold how by law will thie profit be shared.
My wife is benefitting because she continued to live in the house whilst I rent outside my home. The pension .. By law is my wife entitled to 50% of both my state pension n that of my work . All these questions has not been properly addressed . Even though my next of kin on my records has been changed from her name to my little she still going to benefit from my pension 50/50 . What abt her future pension , am I also entitled ? Need points that will help me to decide to fight my divorce .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Claire I need you to contact me as soon as possible , am not satisfied with answers to my worries as there is more to establish what is an appropriate steps I need to take pls waiting for an answers .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your daughters have no claim on the property.

Only you and your wife are entitled to a share of the equity - not the church or your daughters

It is your private pension that your wife has a claim on if she has her own private pension then yes you have a claim on that.

Once the divorce is underway then you can start negotiations on the finances - the sooner you start the sooner it will be over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much roughly will the initial cost of my divorce would cost me.
What sort of documents is required to file my divorce in court
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can find the forms here

The fee is £550

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare am still on the same topic and I don't understand why I have been ignored , am still bothered and wants more answers to my worries so get in touch to highlight me on my questions
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my Mortages : my wife has been making payments and I have stopped because she lives in the house and use it for church services . She has refused to quit so that we can rent it out . How does the court determine the share of profit on my property .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The starting point will be 50/50 - and it is unlikely that the Court will in fact move from a 50/50 division