How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am currently on 0 rate with child maintenance, after

Customer Question

I am currently on 0 rate with child maintenance, after loosing my job and have no arrears, however I am now planning to leave UK and start a new life in Asia ,and retain my relationship with my children by flying them over for contact ,and holidays
My question is simply ,I would like to keep my home in the UK and rent it out.
Is my home protected from child mantinance or my ex partner.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are/were you married to the mother? What income will you be receiving?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If you have an income in your new life then your ex can apply IN THE UK for a Maintenance Order.

The income you receive from your house rental will form part of the assessment made by the court

If you then fail to pay she can enforce any arrears against your UK property - either claiming against the income received or seeking a sale to recover arrears

Please ask if you need further details