How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have fitted a bathroom for a customer. The customer is

This answer was rated:

I have fitted a bathroom for a customer. The customer is refusing to pay as she says she is unhappy with the standard of work. The work was completed 2nd September 2016. Value £3290. The customer had a communication note pad which was used for any questions or queries on a daily basis. Nothing had been mentioned about workmanship until now when it is time to pay.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know where I stand regarding receiving my money

Is there any merit to her claims?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I am aware of. Nothing was mentioned at all. I have a signed copy of my original quote which I received before work commenced. This evening at 20:30 was the first I new that she had a problem

What is the specific nature of her problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know as she has not told me. I messaged her once I received her emailed letter asking what the problem was but she has not replied


The short answer is that it is just not really possible to tell in this forum whether or not her argument is a good one. We don’t know the basis of her complaint.

The fact that she is just displeased is a non issue. Unless your contract said that satisfaction was guarantee it was not. The CRA will only demand that your work is of a reasonable standard. You don’t have to please the unreasonable. There are just customers who can’t be pleased.

The reality though is that there is no point in trying to negotiate forever. If she won’t talk to you then you will have to make a decision. Either you write the money off or you sue.

If you are prepared to sue then send her one letter giving her 14 days to pay and making it clear that if she does not you will sue her at the small claims court.

If she does not pay then issue here

At least then you will get a resolution upon this.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that is helpful thank you

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you