12826847

Late sending back a fixed penalty notice, £60 no I have to

late sending back a fixed penalty notice, £60 no I have to attend court what will happen

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was issued a fixed penalty, £60, I admitted guilt by letter. unfortunately I was late sending back my plea. I have now been ordered to attend court. it was for a tyre which was borderline, and was allowed to continue my journey without changing the tyre

Ok. Are you asking what sentence you will face?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically I know it will be points and a fine its just for a rough idea of what to expect because I have never been to court

Was it just one tyre?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one tyre, I was given 14 to change the tyre which I did, but still received the £60 fine, I just accepted it as no points, admitted the charge. but I was late in sending back my letter. was then told I would have to go to court. someone at work said I'll probably get points and a bigger fine

If you are summonsed for a vehicle defect offence then that does carry 3 points and a fine.

It would be a fine in the low hundreds plus a small amount in costs. It is generally more expensive than paying the fixed penalty although not a ruinous amount.

The issue really is that you would have 3 points.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo that was fantastic, just a bit nervous, never had to attend court before. I'll sleep easier tonight. Thank you very much for all your help. Blair

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.