How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49836
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Can somebody ring me please as I have paid for a mobile home

This answer was rated:

Can somebody ring me please as I have paid for a mobile home and they won't deliver it now as a manager as gone with some of the money

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Hi there. I am unable to talk at the moment as I am in court today but please can you tell me how long ago you paid for the mobile home and whether you bought this online or in-store? Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fist payment of £300 4/5/2016
Then £5000 25/5/2016 by bank transfer to the account Robbie gave me.
Then £700 31/5/2016 to Robbie at the yard were all the units are (. Statics to go )at Barton
Then the balance of £6000 31/8/2016 by bank transfer to another account. That Tom gave me. It was to be delivered on the 6/9/2016. Tom now said he can't release it till he gets the £5000 that Robbie as run away with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got a recipe for all the money's

Did they sell this to you on a private sales basis or are they representing a business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was at the business address we seen the Moble unit ask for owe was the boss one of the workers name Paul went and got Robbie we done the deal with Robbie paid the £300 deposit got the recipe with the date when the 3 payments add to be made my wife went back to the yard ( statics to go ) after the transfer of £5000 with another £700 and paid Robbie and Paul in the office and got the recipe amended so it now says £6000 paid and signed

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. In the circumstances you will have to consider pursuing them for the money you have paid, on the assumption that they are not willing to provide the item you paid for.

Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. Before you consider starting legal action you may wish to consider sending a formal statutory demand. This is a legal request which asks the debtor to pay the outstanding debt within 21 days and failure to do so will allow you to bankrupt the debtor (if they are an individual ) or wind up the company (if they are a business). For the relevant forms to serve a statutory demand see here:

4. If you wish to go down the legal route instead of a statutory demand, a claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want the money I want the unit that I have purchased
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there

Hi there, whilst you may indeed want the unit you purchased, you cannot physically force them to provide that so in the end it may have to come down to financial compensation. As mentioned I can answer follow up questions for you but please leave your rating for the initial response first, many thanks

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you