How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6453
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have just had an enforcement officer at the door regarding

This answer was rated:

I have just had an enforcement officer at the door regarding a car which was written off last year. The first thing I knew about this was today. I had only received one communication which did not refer to the "crime" and I had assumed it was for a debt I had not paid. The vehicle was not sorn at the time as there was an insurance claim going through via my company insurance which covered me whilst working. I have recently received notices about sorn and have had that sorted with the relevant authority. They were advised that the vehicle had been off the road since July 2015. The cie claim was for December 2015. Can I appeal this?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was this as a result of a Court fine or County Court Judgment please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure. Only documentation received was a notice of enforcement.. The car has been off the road due to an accident since last july.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May not have received any other correspondence as i moved house mid july 2015

Does it have a Court number case on it? Does it say its from Northampton?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was from Marstons and says I owe Her Majesty's Courts & Tribunals Services Devon & Cornwall

Then it looks like a Court fine.

You need to speak to that Court. In order to get it set aside you will need to make a statutory declaration. That is where you go before the Court and say you didnt know anything about this.

If the Court accepts this then the whole matter is set aside. But you only have 3 months from the date you found out to do this - so you need to be quick

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you