How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32295
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've received a letter from the police saying a speeding

Customer Question

Hi, I've received a letter from the police saying a speeding fine which I was disputing has now been referred for court proceedings. The reason I was disputing the fine is because I genuinely don't know wether it was me or my wife driving the vehicle at the time of the offence. We live in South Wales and the offence took place in Devon when we was on holidays. We both had been driving the car at the time and we got lost looking for our accommodation. Neither of us notices the camera which was a fixed camera. Basically what I want to know is rather than it going to court and possibly facing extra costs is it worth one of us admitting guilt so it's finished. Both of us have no points and the fine is for doing 39 mph in a30 mph zone?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What are you being charged with please?