How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35039
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I changed my name by deed poll in 2012. I wrote it myself

This answer was rated:

I changed my name by deed poll in 2012. I wrote it myself using an online template and it worked fine with all parties - passport office, bank etc.I immediately changed my name on all documents and accounts.I have long since lost the deed poll. I am getting married and will need to show evidence of my change of name with my birth certificate.I'm not sure what to do? I can reproduce the deed poll using the same template as before but can I date it August 2012 as the last one was. In reality I suppose no one would even know but my question is is this legal and is there a better way?Kind regards,

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

In fact this is the only way forward - I have done many such replacement Deeds in my time - but this time make sure that you do not lose it

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, thank you