How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6768
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have had a NIP for a speeding offence caught on an

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have had a NIP for a speeding offence caught on an automatic camera device. The date of the offence is 12/8/16, the letter they sent is dated 2/9/16 and postmarked 2/9/26 and the letter arrived on the 7/9/16 can I dispute this due to the time between the offence and the date on the letter?
Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes you can.

If the offence was on 12/8/16 then the date sent should have been 28/8/16.

This was clearly not sent until some time after. The above is assuming you are the registered keeper.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** forward with this do I fill in the form and send a letter back with it stating that it is not within the time limit in the law, also is there anything else I need to send to them?

Correct. No, nothing else to be sent at this stage.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again
Sorry to bother you but could I just make sure I am doing this correctly, do I need to fill in all the details and sign the original NIP and send that back to them with a letter or do I just make a copy of the front of the NIP and highlight the dates and send that back without filling it in.

I would just take a copy, send a covering letter and say its out of time.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont fill in any details and sign the form?

You can do, but I would just send a covering letter at this stage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you