How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am currently in a relationship which we have 3 kids 2 and

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am currently in a relationship which we have 3 kids 2 and biologically mine who are 9yrs of age and 11yrs old respectively, the third child is not my biologically mine is 16 yrs old.
I am looking to leave as myself and partner cant get on together any more.
the house is in my name and I pay all the bills, mortgage, council tax. and anything the kids need.
which I will gladly continue to pay. I feel that I am doing all I can to make sure my kids are looked after. but I wanted to know will I get the CSA coming after me for more cash?
I keep records of monies sent to the ex for the kids I think I have most angles covered but wanted to make sure. please advise.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Who owns the property - and are you married?

What income do you have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare.
My house is worth £400k, the house is in my name only on the mortgage. I put £30k down deposit and have a £200k interest only mortgage.the house purchase price 11 years ago was £230k. I'm a company director of my own company I claim divided not a wage.
No we're not married!

How much do you claim as a dividend - and how much are you paying towards the house OTHER than the mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I claim 20k a year and I pay everything regarding the bills water gas electric council tax 100% of all above.
And I give monies to the the ex for kids activates and after schools clubs

Sorry - that is your only income?

How much does "everything" amount to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's my only income. Obviously I get expenses.
Everything amounts to £850.00 PCM out goings. I trust this is enough information to give me an answer.

Since the house is in your sole name the CMS (new CSA) will not count the mortgage as maintenance.

If you change all the other bills into her name and send her the same amount to cover them then that money WILL count as maintenance and you will have nothing to fear from the CMS

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you