How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10743
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have a small 2bed house in terrible condition that I would

This answer was rated:

I have a small 2bed house in terrible condition that I would like to sell without going near it.
It is vacant and was occupied by a "friend" who trashed it, leaving a cracked wash basin and a toilet that needs repair. The rest of the house needs a lot of T L C> How do I sell it from a distance. I now live 200 miles from it and am reluctant (unable) to go to see an Estate Agent.


I'm afraid you will find it very hard to sell the property without visiting it or meeting the respective local Estate Agent. This is because-

1. They will need to verify your identity.

2. They will need to be handed the keys.

All I can suggest is that you pick a nationwide Estate Agents (a Dixons/Bairstow Eves for example) who may have an office near to where you live and also an office near to where the property is. You could then give instructions to your local Agent who could pass it on the Agent in their other office which is near to the property.

(Even if you were to use an internet based Estate Agents, they would still need to meet you at the property).

I hope this assists and sets out the position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hi, can I assist any further? If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al