How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Im in desperate need of knowing what i can do. Im a single

Customer Question

Hello im in desperate need of knowing what i can do .
Im a single mum with 3 kids, my twin boys have disabilities, i have mental health problems and am on meds but still get extreme anxiety depression and have attempted suside, i am managing to cope but things like pressure can push me to melt down. I was hounded by a no win no fee company to which i agreed to let them claim for a previous car accident which i was not liable for. I sent all info they asked for, went for medical all seemed ok untill i recieved a letter saying i had broke the terms and conditions by admitting in writting to my insurer that i accept liability, I would not as it was not my fault, they sent me the 'evidence' to my horror was a document that i had seen before but had been changed, and forged to imply i accepted liability. Ive told the firm this has been altered and the signiture looks very simular to mine but is not mine. The solicitors say they dont recieve my responces even when sent via recorded delivery. They have now passed a debt that apparantly i owe for their work as i broke the terms and conditions over to a dcbl, who have been to my house and posted aa notice of visit stating theres a high court writ against me to the value of 3,957.43 with intrest continueing to accrue and it has to be paid in full today or they will be sieze goods from my property. Mr ***** ***** High court enforcement agent has looked threw my windows and pesterd n pressed my neighbours for info about me and wheres a camera that was recording them so my neighbours felt very intimidated, im a nervous wreck as i know how forcefull these bailifs can be and they dont care that i havnt done anything wrong and im not accepting this debt as ive been a victim of lies forgery and i feel they have to avantage as im vunrable. What can i do??? Please Please help me im terrified of being in my own home.
kind regards ***** ***** ward
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did they ever issue court proceedings against you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure , i think so but ive got all the forms infront of me but i dont know whats what. Ive got a blue form saying claim form county court money claims centre
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive got a letter titled Judgment for claimant and a claim number. It says because ive not replied im therefore orderd to pay the claimant for the debt, sorry jamie my anxiety is getting the better of me i hope i have answered you properly. I thank u for your offer live discussion but im worried about payments mounting as i think ive already paid 56.00 to ask the question being a single mum on benefits i dont want to get in any debt
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Did you ever get a claim form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didnt get time to respond to it as i had another letter ordering me to pay it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

When you got the claim form it gives you 14 days to respond or 28 days if you send the acknowledgment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be fair i dont open all my mail as soon as i get it because of my mental health problems i can be very irratic and suffer with long bouts of depression, so sometimes if im struggling to cope i cant open any post till i feel strong enough to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.