How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My vehicle was crashed and couldnt be driven away, I went to

This answer was rated:

My vehicle was crashed and couldnt be driven away, I went to contact my insurance in order to get them to move the vehicle and within this process the police had moved the vehicle to a pound.
Upon me finding out where my car was I informed my insurance where the car was and I went with the v5 and my id and the garage said it was ok and was about to release the vehicle as this was standard procedure, but then said its being held by police for 'forensics'
I contacted the police where I was then informed they require me to meet them in person in order to discuss other matters such as speeding tickets for them to release the vehicle and they can not release my vehicle to my insurance.
I feel that they are holding my vehicle illegally as my vehicle was never actually abandoned so should be released to my insurance as normal procedure. They said they want to speak to me for other matters such as speeding tickets, which has nothing to do with me crashing the car, so I require my car to be realeased to my insurance.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are they talking about historical speeding or to do with this incident please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Historical speeding

Ok, do you have telematics or dash cam on the car etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you here

Yes. I asked - Ok, do you have telematics or dash cam on the car etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i do not, although the police arent holding my car on the basis that they believe speeding caused the accident, they are holding the car in order to discuss previous issues such as speeding tickets which I believe isn't legal

Have you not paid previous speeding tickets?!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i havent actually been convicted of any speeding offences, I believe they are trying to find out who the driver was for previous speeding offences and are using the illegal attempt to hold my car as a way of doing so

Ok, then they cant keep hold of it.

You need to ask it back within 24 hours or say you will get a Court order.

If they refuse then you can apply to the Court for an injunction. You need to complete form N208:

Also form N16:

The Court will list the matter for urgent hearing and decide whether to grant the injunction. If the court does and the Police do not comply then the Chief Constable could be guilty of contempt of Court

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thats fine for now, could i possibly have your number in order to contact you if needed

You can ask for me: Jamie - or just come back to the website.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second link you sent isn't opening also

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright brilliant will do so

Thanks, ***** ***** could ask you to rate as always please. Thanks!