How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My situation is as follows: Around 6 years ago, my mum and I

Customer Question

Hi, my situation is as follows:
Around 6 years ago, my mum and I gave our family pet, a German shepherd called King up because my mum at the time worked. We gave the dog to a stables as we had known all the riders and the owners of the stables for many years. They agreed to take him for free. We did not hand over the documents we received when we bought him as a puppy and have not changed over the micro chip address and names so on documents and on the micro chip he still belongs to us. There was no written agreement when handing over the dog. We have visited him over the last 6 years and every time we see him he always stays with us and tries to get in the car with us when we leave. My mum does not work anymore and therefore we want him back. Is it possible for us to take him back without their consent or will we be prosecuted? Thank you. Jilly
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

This was six years ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 years ago we gave him up but we want him back now. We have visited King over the last 6 years though.