How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have Power of Attorney for Health and Care for my Aunt who

This answer was rated:

Good morning.
I have Power of Attorney for Health and Care for my Aunt who has dementia. Following a stay in hospital by both her and her husband together they are both now in respite care. The medical profession, social services and the staff at the respite home believe she should remain in care permanently, her husband who is disabled but mentally ok is insistent that she returns home. Does he, as her husband, have the final say in the matter please?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Since you hold the Power for Health and Care the final decision is yours.

If her husband wishes to challenge this he will have to take the matter to the Court of Protection

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Not necessarily the answer I wanted to hear as I now have a very tricky negotiation to undertake!

I am sorry - it cannot be easy.

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you