How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6781
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Solar panels fitted to our farm house in januery 2016 the

This answer was rated:

solar panels fitted to our farm house in januery 2016 the sales rep,
assured me that we would be paid at the old rate, he was a day late
of the cut of for the old rate and as a consequence we are only paid
a third of the agreed amount. What are my prospects of suing him
as it was entirely his fault that the documents where posted late.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know why it was a late submission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the represntative went to a funeral

I assume he was working for someone? Have you asked them for compensation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they say it was his fault

Was he working for them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what the value of your loss is yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
say about 5k

Ok - you need to work that out to form any sort of claim

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you