How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

We want to work with an Indian software developer and he

This answer was rated:

We want to work with an Indian software developer and he would like to work in the UK. If we set up a company together - would he be likely to get the right to stay in the UK?

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you set up a company in the UK, the developer would still need to apply for a visa to stay in the UK. Is the developer currently in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The developer currently does development work for us from India. We are looking to joint venture on some of the software, but would need him UK based

Hi, Thank you. Will he contribute any finance to the company? Do you have any existing businesses that could sponsor him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He will not contribute to the company, but we have an existing business which sponsor him

Thank you. The most striaght forward way would be to sponsor him through your existing company. Anyone is then free to be a director or shareholder of a limited company (with or without a visa). He could then be contracted to your other project. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could he then have leave to stay in the UK?

Hi thank you. Yes if he had a visa. The starting point is to find out if your existing company can sponsor people to work in the country? Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you