How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was placed on the SOR in 2011 for 10 years in relation to

Customer Question

I was placed on the SOR in 2011 for 10 years in relation to a jail term for 4 counts of indecent assault on a child under 14 alleged to have occurred in 1984. I have always maintained my innocence and passed a polygraph in 2011. The judge stipulated I should be on the register for 5 years. Can I apply to wipe the slate clean?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not in the public interest that I should be on the register, given my unique and innovative work, which aims to provide the only truly viable solution to low incomes, outright poverty and even, finally fit for purpose legal aid. In addition, I operate the world's safest social media network (extending localised MAPPA into the online community, adding abuse filters which report abuse to victim police contacts automatically it is posted, and enabling user to make direct manual police reports of non emergency incidents be they happening online or locally).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further, I am registered with the Ministry of Justice as a potential tier ii/iii provider, Nigel Farage pledged support, two UKIP councillors are interested, the labour party also have an interest, as has the Scottish government, but nobody will work with me because I'm on the SOR.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean remove this forever from your PNC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does not appear in a CRB check. As if I had completed my time on the SOR. It is disproportionate to the crime. I passed a polygraph after I was convicted. The jury found me not guilty by a majority verdict (10:2) but the judge ordered them to revise it to unanimous guilty before he would release them from their duty. They were a tired jury having come from a previous case to mine. There was reason to believe that a prosecution witness planted the evidence using hypnosis to manipulate and falsify the complainant's memories in order that he shift the blame from himself. He had even promised to do so in 1984
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question was not answered