How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34909
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need to put a Power of Attorney in place for my Father. He

Customer Question

I need to put a Power of Attorney in place for my Father. He will shortly be going into assisted care living and will need my help with a number of issues. What is the cost for this and how long does it take
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does your father still have mental capacity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Father has asked me to be his POA. I live in Australia he lives in UK. I want to do the preparation now and then have finished doc signed before the Solicitor .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be in UK 1st week in October
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that it is not that simple a process in the UK.

You can create the documentation online if you wish

The details are here

or here

But you will have to Give Notice of your applictaion and apply to Register it.

However you can leave that in the hands of a Solicitor if you wish.

You will also need to liaise with his GP to get the medical form signed.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details