How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6447
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Next doors man was beating my door down this morning, he is

This answer was rated:

Next doors man was beating my door down this morning, he is not a resident , I have 2 kids under 4, he threatened to damage my car and called me a lot of nasty names in front of my 3yr old, he was aggressive and extreamly abusive , called police , however they seemed disinterested ,I felt threatened and extreamly intimidated, I do not want to be at home alone in case he comes back, what can I do legally ? Injunction etc and how do I insist police take it further? Many thanks, Ursula

Hello Ursula my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has this person done this before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the male no

Ok. You should complain to the Police again, it could be a criminal offence of public order.

In the alternative if he does this again, this could be harassment. The Police can warn him if this happens again.

But you should go to a different Police station or if you go to the same one, ask to speak to a Sergeant.

But they should be taking this serious - this is a very serious matter and should investigate.
If they refuse to do so, you should write and make a formal complaint to the Chief Constable directly.

It will then certainly be investigated.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** follow your instructions and go from there, what about my neighbour, should I make that complaint about her, she knows my situation and why I moved in there as she can view my files at work?

As for the Anti Social Behaviour you should contact the Council. They should have a team that deals with this.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will talk to the council again , than you, I feel better knowing where I stand with the law .

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you