How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7046
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

You answered a question of mine 11 days ago reference church

Customer Question

Hello Michael,
You answered a question of mine 11 days ago reference church warden building large compost heap against the wall of my house. Just to clarify the 'wall of the house' is the gable end of my Grade II listed property. The compost heap is preventing me from accessing guttering with a ladder and also preventing me from re-pointing the wall at lower levels.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

If you need to go onto their land then you could argue you have an easement of necessity. This is the right to use someone else's land as there is no other way of doing something. Assuming the heap is not causing damage it may simply be a question of saying look I need to move this for the purpose of doing X I will put it back when I have finished.

Best regards