Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I sold a business to a person, the business is running

i sold a business to a person, the business is running business in the document he agreed to take on all work booked new or old, and now he refusing what can be done?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When you say he is refusing, how does that effect you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well clearly the customers have already booked and pre payed and now the customers are not getting served

Ok - but if he has taken on the business, I assume the contracts have been assigned to the new owner?

Was it a Limited company you sold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im attaching the document.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he or any one make a claim against of any kind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
him or the customers?

Ok - then it should not be an issue for you. There is no liability.

It would be for the customers to enforce the contract on the new owner. As a Ltd company you have no liability personally.

But they would, as customers, be able to sue the new owner for breach of contract.

The only other way you could do this would be to seek an injunction to get him to comply with the terms of the agreement.

For this you would need to issue a claim form N208:

And N16a:

The Court would set the matter down and decide whether to compel him to comply with the contract.

However the issue fee for this alone, without legal fees is £355 and hearing fee of £1090

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats all so with that contract he has signed i am not responisable for anything?

Correct as you were a Ltd company

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you so much.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!