How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6432
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I wish to claim for a minor collision damage. my insurance

This answer was rated:

I wish to claim for a minor collision damage. my insurance company has referred my claim to a related firm of solicitors who wish me to enter into a contract with them. I would then be paying my insurers fees and also solicitors fees. is this correct?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is this on a no win no fee claim please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. If I win my claim, fees are still applicable.

But if you lose, would you still pay fees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have to pay base charges, success fee or vat. Remain liable for disbursements.

Ok, then yes this is correct.

If you lose you only have to pay disbursements which you may be able to get after the event insurance for.

If you win, then the legal costs will be paid by the Defendant.

So yes, this is normal.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if the parties do not agree who is at fault. There were no witnesses to the accident, no injuries and relatively minor damage

It would go to Court and a Judge would decide.

This happens all the time

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you