How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

New people have moved in next door to me and have started to

Customer Question

New people have moved in next door to me and have started to build a big extension without doing it properly, like taking a sample of the ground , shuttering or boarding it up they are trying to do it themselves , and what's happened is My Garage toilet &.washroom Has been destroyed & my breakfast room is just being held up with Accro props they never served a party wall notice , I am a 72year old disabled pensioner &owe are now living in the Holiday Inn as my insurance company says it's unsafe to stay in our house all the Time ,What I would like to know is can we claim compensation Thanks Wjpoulton
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you reported this to the Council at all please?