How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I've been sent sent 2.5 percent shares certificate that I've

Customer Question

I've been sent sent 2.5 percent shares certificate that I've not yet paid for but asking 5000 pounds! By electronic email under ordinary heading . Am I liable and I checked on companies it doesn't look like he is a director but I know he is secretary they not completed their first year accounts yet! He is a friend that I'm helping out and said that this is just in case anything should happen to him before he can manage to pay me back! But does this make me liable for anything?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said he has 45 percent shares as does his partner and his son 10. I think this has been done in the last year so not been recorded at companies house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When am I likely to get an answer please?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The danger of accepting unpaid shares is the following - if the company went insolvent you would be liable to contribute £5000 to the assets of the company. If you are listed as an unpaid shareholder this will be recorded as a debt in the company accounts. I would get him to either register the shares as paid and let him put the money in or not accept the shares. Kind regards AJ