How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife applied for (and was granted) a decree nisi in 2004.

This answer was rated:

Hello, my wife applied for (and was granted) a decree nisi in 2004. As part of the accompanying financial agreement she was allocated a portion of my money purchase pension fund. Subsequently, we have been reconciled and she no longer wishes to proceed with the decree absolute, in fact, we are looking to reverse the decree nisi. However, we would both still like her to have the allocated proportion of my pension fund.
Is it possible to reverse the decree nisi, while 'enforcing' the financial agreement or is it the case that the financial agreement will be void once the decree nisi is reversed?

Hi, thank you for your question. In relation to the divorce she would be entitled to apply to withdraw the divorce application using form D11 and a statement explaining the reconciliation.

Unfortunately, a pension sharing order can only have effect when the Decree Absolute is granted. However, you should be entitled to name a beneficiary to your pension if you were to pass away. You would also be entitled to offset what was agreed from other assets without a court order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you