How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a court order for my ex wife to pay a sum due to me

Customer Question

I have a court order for my ex wife to pay a sum due to me on the house we shared this was July last year a 6 month Liberty was given to take it back to court if it wasn't sorted in this time . Unfortunately I was given empty promises and that time expired and the case no was struck off .l tried to return it back to court submitting the same case no and I was told there was no case to answer so going on from this can I charge interest if it was never mentioned or written in the order because I'm still waiting for my money ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-What application form did you submit to court and what did you ask the court to do in the application?

-Can you attach the court order regarding the payment using the paperclip icon here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A D11 an I'm trying to up load the order so that will come in due course
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where's the paper clip icon ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

There is a paperclip icon on this page that allows you to attach documents to upload. Please upload the final court order

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
added order as requested
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for providing this. The order states that the amount payable to you (£36,350) shall be without interest unless one of the trigger events in paragraphs 1(a)-(d) is met and you will not be able to exercise the charge unless one of the trigger events has been met.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you