How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a speeding ticket (37 in a 30) from a forward facing

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have a speeding ticket (37 in a 30) from a forward facing Gatso camera but there are no calibration lines on the road on the side I was travelling on (they are on the other side). Can I query the ticket?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait for your answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Sorry for the delay. WEre you speeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably - the limit on the road switches from 40 to 30 to 40 in quick succession - I would like to challenge the ticket on the basis that the camera is not set up properly (no calibration lines on the side of the road on which I was driving). Thanks

You can do that if you want to.

However, you should understand that they do not need calibration lines.

All they need is two fixed points on the road. Calibration lines do no more than that.

If you challenge and lose then you will end up paying a costs order that could be quiet high.

I suppose at least you are not challenging expert evidence so that will reduce the cost.

You may challenge it and you may succeed.

They may not have two fixed points or they may not bother to summons.

You should understand the risk though.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you