How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6726
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

If you have as a self employed person paid in to accident

This answer was rated:

If you have as a self employed person paid in to accident insurance based on your income and then you receive a huge tax rebate because you were taxed wrongly. You then work less that year because you have the tax rebate as income. You have an accident and your insurers wont pay out on the income you insured yourself for. Yet you asked your brokers if the tax rebate would make a difference and then said no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have it in writing that the tax rebate would make no difference please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but there was a recorded telephone conversation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello am I going to get a reply please???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am not going to get a reply - please reimburse my fee with immediate effect

Sorry I was just in Court. have you asked for a copy of that telephone call?
Do they accept they told you it would be covered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i havent asked for a copy if the call and no one is accepting anything
I have been dealing with both brokers and insurers

You need to ask for a copy of the recording under the Data Protection Act, they should give it to you. Then you can write to them and dispute it. They can investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold it, then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They can consider the matter and report back to you.

The offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at:

That should resolve the matter

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you