I have 2 x CCJ's for non-payment of water bills at 2

I have 2 x CCJ's for non-payment of water bills at 2 properties, I was away working during the time this was going on but I have settled fully. My credit score is in the toilet and I want to take action to repair it, can i ask the court for a set-aside agreement or if not is there another way to rectify my report?

When was it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feb and April this year

When did you discover this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have managed to have one of them set aside already, 1 more to go

Ok. Why didn't you apply immediately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is taking too long, please ask all questions in one go and I'll answer them.

I can't do that. The subsequent questions depend on your answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so I didnt pay it imediatly because I was on a ship off west africa, as soon as i was back in UK I dealt with it

No, sorry, I meant why didn't you apply to set it aside immediately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I wasn't aware it existed until I returned to uk. This is really the first chance I have had to start dealing with this

Ok. Thanks.

You can always apply to have it set aside. That is easy enough to do.

The problem is just whether you meet the criteria or not.

There isn't really a doubt that the papers were delivered.

They just weren't dealt with because you are abroad.

There is caselaw that says that a person abroad should keep tabs on their post in the UK.

However, it is worth trying. The reality is that it might be allowed. That case is widely disapplied.

If the Judge thinks you have a good defence it will probably be allowed even if there are grounds for refusal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** water have already agreed they wont contest set aside, Ill go for it, thankyou

it is not entirely down to them but that does always help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps, I did indeed try to maintain tabs on my mail, not easy to do from 150km offshore. My wife is not at all administratively orientated "and probably can't spell Cat", but i cant use that in my defence as it would look bad towards her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** been a great help, apologies for being short with you, this has caused me a great deal of stress, I have never had this sort of trouble to deal with before.

Yes, I understand

CCJs have a devastating effect upon credit ratings.