How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We are considering an extension to our house by building on

Customer Question

Hi there, we are considering an extension to our house by building on part of our garden. In our property deeds, reference is made to the reserved rights of access of the housing association that originally built the property in 1981. Essentially, we want to build over part of the plan which is currently shaded in blue as being subject to this access right. Strangely, the blue access area also covers part of the current house (i.e. the original dwelling) so I am quite confident that this is not really issue. However, for due diligence, I want to get a formal opinion so that there will not be any problems if we sell the house in future. Please could you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.


Please can you attach a copy of the title document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - sure, please see attached.. thanks, Patrick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question has not been answered. I was asked to provide the title documents and I did this on Sept 19th. I will seek a refund.