How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Ella Harvey age 9 not my daughter but was given parental

This answer was rated:

Ella Harvey age 9 not my daughter but was given parental rights through court.
Isaac Lewis age 7 my biological son.
Both children were placed in my care through social services and court June 2012 but now I feel Ella would benefit from living back with her mum.
Can this happen as mother seems to be living a sensible life style also I can't and won't let my son go I want to keep him living with me.
Thanks ***** *****

Hi, thank you for your question. Was a child arrangement order or a special guardianship order made in your favour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
child arrangement order both children live with me until the age of 16

Thanks for confirming. The best course of action would be for her to apply to court to vary the order so that the child arrangement order is in her favour. This can be done under form C100 and a £215 court fee to the children's local family court. Given the history of local authority involvement, they may involve themselves at least to investigate to ensure there is no risk to the children.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you