How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My granny died in 2009 and unbeknown to me at the time she

Customer Question

my granny died in 2009 and unbeknown to me at the time she left me 14% of her estate . i received zero , there was no letter to leave me out of the will as there was for my brother .
I have got a copy of the will myself now so i know it is true , it turns out that my uncle and my late mother decided to leave me out of the inheritance because i borrowed sum of money many years ago for a house extension , they did not believe i said this back to my granny every month and then cashed a sum alliance policy to pay her the rest .
How can i get the money that i was meant to have , my granny adored me and would never have left me nothing .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. The person or persons who should have followed the terms of the will are the executors of the will. As they have not done so you can sue them personally for your inheritance. See a solicitor immediately. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.