How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Please I wish to lift a restraining order on my husband, how

This answer was rated:

Hello,please I wish to lift a restraining order on my husband, how do I go about it?

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Is the order a non-molestation order or a different type of order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restraining order

Was it by the police or the family courts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both I think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because he was remanded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there?

Thank you. The police order can only be lifted if an application is made to vary or discharge the restraining order and this will need to be decided in the criminal courts.

If you have a non-molestation order under the Family Law Act in place you can apply to the family court to vary or discharge the order using form FL403.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you