How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6732
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I asked a man who advertises computer help to disconnect and

This answer was rated:

I asked a man who advertises computer help to disconnect and remove my old computer. He seemed very genuine and persuaded me to let him take the whole lot away. A few days later I felt I should ask him to return the hard drive so that I could be sure my information was destroyed. He does not answer my calls, I left messages but the hard drive has not been returned, and now I reLise I don't know his name or address, as he advertises under a nickname. I want my hRd dive back.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this

Do you have this persons address please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he operates under a nickname, so I know nothing about him. However he has always seemed very pleasant and friendly, talking about his family etc.

Thanks. All you can do is report it to the Police. If you don't know his details, they can trace him and investigate.

He should return your hard drive, it belongs to you and is your property.

This could be theft and as such they could prosecute.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you