How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6727
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I need a solicitor in London Camberwell court area to speak

This answer was rated:

I need a solicitor in London Camberwell court area to speak for me over a fine

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

We are a question and answer site and cant represent you, but can certainly give you some advice/guidance.

Could you please explain what the fine is for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You don't seem me like your trying to help me you just seem like your trying to get more money out of me, I have already paid a fee and now you want more money .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fine was for a man died on one of our sites he fell from the scaffolding.

Was the fine Imposed by the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Southwark crown court.

Ok. I assume the fine has not been paid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No as i was bankrupt at the time we went to court and I am now registered disabled so I never had enough money to pay. I got in touch with the court a few months a go, and they agreed to take £20 a month out of my benefits which they started taking,and then 3 weeks ago they came back to me to say they can't do that anymore as I was given the wrong information.

Ok. Well you don't need to worry, when you go to court the judge will fix a level of repayment.

You won't be sent to prison for it, as you need to show you are a won't pay, rather than can't pay.

The court won't leave you with nothing to live on, they would rather work with you.

You don't need to worry about the expense of representation. The court will just fix repayments that you can afford.

They may even write some off if you attend court.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a letter on Friday saying as I've not paid in full to give my reasons as to why I should not be sent to prison so what should I write ?

Well you won't be sent to prison. Just write back and explain the situation, you are disabled and can offer £20

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do what you advised me to do thank you.

All the best Jim. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you