How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6733
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had a court judgement made against me while I was away

This answer was rated:

I had a court judgement made against me while I was away with work so didn't receive the notification until after the hearing date and the judgement had already been made. I need advice on completing form N244 in order to set aside the judgement.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have evidence or were away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sure I can dig out receipt for tickets.

Ok. Then you can apply to set aside. As you say it's form n244 and there is a court fee of £255 to pay., unless you are entitled to fee remission. You need to show that you have a realistic defence and that you acted promptly.

The matter will be listed for hearing and if you can show that you have a defence it will be set aside?

Can I clairfy antyhing for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me to complete the form?Is there any specific wording I need to put in section 3?
Section 5 - How do I want to have this application dealt with?
Section 6 - How long will it take and is it agreed by all parties?
Section 7 - Give details of any fixed trial date or period
Section 8 - What level of judge?
Anything else I need to include?

Sadly I can't help you fill out the form, as I can't be instructed. But it's at a hearing, no not agreed, 1 hour, district judge.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not entirely sure what that means?If I put the following statement in section 3 will it suffice?The Applicant seeks an order to Set Aside Judgment as the applicant didn't receive the court papers until after the hearing date.

Yes that's fine. Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's great. Final question, who do I make the cheque payable to? Other than that we're good.Cheers


Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great thanks

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you