How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

The money claim gateway no longer lets me 'for technical

This answer was rated:

The money claim gateway no longer lets me 'for technical reasons' and the helpline phone number answer is 'sorry this number is ***** in service' I have been given the following support id 1193349104114095124. What do I do next?

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have the name of the county court that issued the claim and served it on the defendant? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Northampton County Court is the address on the response that will not let me access and to whom it is suggested I send a written form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. As i said the County Court is at Northampton
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ can i give you any more information to help you resolve my problem?

Hi, Thank you. If the defendant has not responded to proceedings you can file a form N244 at the county court and request a default Judgment.

You need to fill in the form N244 and cite CPR rule 12 - - specifcally rule 12.3.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been suggested that I submit for N225 but i was hoping you could help me rejoin my account or give me an uptodate phone number for the help line. is N244 more appropriate that N225? I am claiming from a Limited Company..

As a starting point call the court and ask them to confirm that they will accept an application notice as you have locked out of the online claim system.

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thank you. I will try that, and check the details you have provided. Pity we couldn't talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i will just send form N225 as completed as i can make it to the County Court at Northampton. I have tried ringing them and I just get a list of options. The only one relevant asks me to visit the site you gave me and search for the relevant form. I will send the form with a covering letter. Should i send a copy of the claim form and of my signed lasting Power of Attorney, or any other documentary evidence?

Hi, My apologies I am not currently available for a call. Here is the form

How much are you owed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youI am owed £2000 plus your fee and any further court charges.

Hi Thank you. Does the debtor own a property or have any assets you can claim against? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Westminster Recliners is a limited company making a range of chairs. It should have a regular income judging by its treatment of my Aunt for whom I have Lasting Power of Attorney. It did originally send a cheque for the outstanding amount but this bounced and I had to return it to them.

Hi, Thank you. How did you pay for their services? Did you use a credit card? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Aunt originally paid by cheque when she placed the order. She subsequently cancelled the order and ordered a cheaper chair and paid for that when she placed that order. i discovered this when i saw her bank account. i requested repayment. They sent the cheque and that bounced. i returned it to them with the letter from the bank, having taken copies, and asked for a bank transfer to my aunt's account. Since then silence in the face of each stage towards the present position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I notice you have not replied to my response at 1.27. Is the consultation at an end? May I close the page down?

Hi, Thank you. My apologies I have just received this. If she paid by cheque and they are ignoring you will have to pursue the court option. Are they still answering the phone to sales calls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent them 'time is of the essence' and they ignored it so I went through the small claims process on line and they ignored that. I now want a CCJ for a payment forthwith. I have all the documentation to prove the case.

Hi, Thank you. If you have issued the claim and they did not respond they you are entitled to a default Judgment. You need to apply for the Judgment using the process I have described. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you. I have filed form N225 but now I will follow up on what you suggest.

Hi, Thank you. ***** can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ